This presentation will describe to conference attendees a real-world example of integrating eXtreme Programming (XP) into a Team Software Process project, giving the business the best of both worlds:
TSP's focus on high product quality and management by data,
plus the benefits of agile development practices.
We will summarize the data and lessons learned from a novel
"TXP" (Team eXtreme Programming) initiative in a small business unit
of a large global commercial enterprise.
The presentation will include:
- Who (the project circumstances and team composition)
- What (the subset of XP practices selected by the TSP team)
- Why (the reasons behind the choices)
- How (e.g., tailoring the traditional pair programming roles to support TSP data gathering);
- When (delivery of project results)
The presenters are the TXP team's Team Leader and Process Manager,
who were also the primary development pair on the project.
The third co-author was the TSP Coach for the TXP team.